January has met us with more Penguin and Panda news: Panda is promised to be "baked" into Google's algorithm from now on. There is unlikely to be any new Panda update coming which means it will be harder to diagnose! The algorithm is not real time though, so if any change happens, it will be quite noticeable (Google won't confirm if it's a Panda though!) Penguin update is still coming and it won't be a slow update: The affected sites will be able to see the traffic drop / increase very clearly.
If you want to know more about both of these updates, please head over to our Jim&Ann videos collection and watch everything about Panda and Penguin there. You'll find yourself much more educated after that!
Top SEO Industry News
- Google Employees Who Actually Reply to Help Website Owners
Google has had a long history working with webmasters and while we don’t always agree with what they say... Read more
- What Will SEO Be Like in 2016? Weekly Forum Update
This week in our communities, users are recounting the changes we saw in 2015 and speculating about what lies ahead... Read more
- Making Great Content: A Wizard of Oz Approach
SEM and SEO experts stress one point on a constant basis: To do well in search and convert, a website needs great content... Read more
- Social Media Discussions: How to Keep Sanity When Someone Disagrees with You
It may be my age or the craziness going on around the world (or both), but I’ve seen so much hatred on social media lately... Read more
- 5 Best Chrome Extensions to Diversify and Improve Your Social Media Updates
Social media is a very necessary and helpful tool for marketing, whether that is a brand or a personal... Read more
- Linkedin Showcase Pages: Create More Linkable Assets with LinkedIn Company Page
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for companies as well as individual professionals: Linked in pages rank incredibly well providing you... Read more